This is the last post on my first try at polyphasia. For convenience, I've listed all four of my previous polyphasic posts here:
- Greetings, Polyphasic Sleep, Chives (an introduction)
- Theory of Poly Sleep, Reports From the Field (some musings and a progress report)
- Tired, Dreams, Sunrise, BSG (some errata, and more field reports)
- Errata, Food, Reductionism (I try to explain why violating conventional wisdom on sleep is at all a good idea)
After missing two naps in a single day, I realized that this polyphasic thing wasn't going to work in China.
1. We didn't have breaks at the right times in the day.
2. I was incurring approximately 100% overhead on walking back to my dorm to nap.
3. The utility of my time was extremely phase-sensitive, which is to say that having extra hours during the night didn't help anywhere near as much as extra hours during